Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DPs Claimed - Expansion Selections Complete - Battle Still Aiming to Deal

With the returning clubs selecting their Designated Players and the new clubs making their unprotected selections, the Bigtime Soccer League is just days away from the 2012 player draft. Alamo City has protected Thierry Henry and Eric Hassli as well as acquiring the 10th overall selection from Rose City that also saw the new club's 7th round pick come to the Battle in exchange for CJ Sapong and a 5th round pick.

"We'd like to make another move or two if we could," stated Alamo City management on Tuesday afternoon. "We still hold the rights to a few key players and are willing to make deals before the draft is underway if anyone is eyeing them. Honestly, you could probably pick a couple of these guys up for a lesser pick than you're eyeing them at. We're open to deal despite the apparent lack of wanting to deal with us we've seen thus far."

The chairman was undoubtedly referring to multiple messages that went unanswered by more than one club as the DP deadline loomed. "Yeah, it wasn't even that we were turned down. We didn't even get the courtesy of being told so. I mean, they didn't even say no. We got nothing back at all. Zero response ...."

That hasn't deterred the Alamo City management from putting it out once again that they're willing to deal before the draft. Players like Kei Kamara, Benny Feilhaber, Nick Rimando, and Kevin Hartman are certainly on the lists of more than one team.


12 comments:

  1. What do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do you the goodness of a reply. I'm good at the moment. I've made all the moves I'm going to make until after the draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do i have anyone you want? I am after more draft picks if you are willing to trade some of yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alliance - I'm looking for a 3rd rounder ideally.

    Rose City/Natalie - thank you for the reply ;)

    Gold Coast - The two I would have gone after are taken with either DP/pre-draft movement already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought we could only trade for players from last season because we could then use our DP slots to carry them over....

    ReplyDelete
  6. "New clubs may also trade with existing BSL clubs to get 2 more players before the draft. (equals a maximum of 3 players before the draft) by giving up draft picks so they may pick up existing BSL roster players."

    - That reads to me that we can have a max of 3 players on our roster before the draft. We can use either DPs or existing roster players (those we have the "rights" to) to trade for picks up until the draft, it would seem. As long as you don't go over 3 players before the draft it would seem that you could deal. I'm not looking for players really, but there are a few teams out there that have only 1 or 2 players and could still potentially make a deal.

    Alamo City

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asked the commish. He said I am maxed out with deals with existing clubs since I have 3 DP. All I can do is a trade with KC Quest as an expansion club if he wants to give up a draft pick to me for one of my existing guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're interested in Kamara. Can you email me or shoot me a text so we can discuss the deets of the trade? michael.koeshartanto@gmail.com or 610-442-5056

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll go a 4th rounder for Feilhaber

    ReplyDelete
  10. eh....fine. you got it. ill email commissioner

    ReplyDelete